AnimSchool Introduction to Rigging - Free Course Download
Before/After Ad Space
AnimSchool Introduction to Rigging - Free Course DownloadAn introduction to the principles of rigging applied to simple objects and scenery. For any 3D animation to take place, riggers take a finished character model or prop and use the concepts learned in this class to prepare it for deformation and action. Riggers insert bones (joints) into the character and refine the forms and control systems so that the character can act. Students learn basic rigging concepts, including hierarchies, constraints, skinning, blendshapes, connections, joints, orientation, inverse kinematics, expressions, maths nodes, xray, curve controls, custom attributes, sets, Set Driven Keys, and hypergraph connections.
At the end of the Introduction to Rigging class:
- The student should demonstrate a good understanding of basic rigging in Maya.
- The student is expected to demonstrate the ability to perform basic rigging tasks: placing objects in hierarchies, applying
- objects in hierarchies, apply constraints, make key sets, make joints and IK chains, mathematical nodes, apply deformers and skinning
- nodes, apply deformers and skinning.
- The student should create a basic body rig.