Animate a Professional Looking Jump in Maya. Includes polishing | Free Autodesk Maya Course
About This Class
Hi, my name is Amedeo, I animate in production and teach students and professionals since the year 2003.
Learn efficient 3D animation workflows by delivering a professional-looking, polished human jump in Autodesk Maya.
This course is designed for beginner animators who understand the basics of the workflow but struggle to give their animation that level of quality and believability typical of professional products.
Jumps are one of the key blocks of body mechanics animation. Mastering jumps in 3D animation gives you the confidence and skills to control your human characters in more articulate body mechanics shots.
At the end of this course, you will be able to confidently animate jumps, interpret reference footage for animation, and adopt the same techniques professionals employ to produce industry-standard animations.
You will learn about:
- Working with video references
- Identifying and designing the key poses of a jump
- Troubleshooting posing
- Mirroring poses
- Understanding weight shifts
- Setting up priorities for splining
- Animation splining and polishing workflows
- Converting animation space
- The course will employ industry-standard software Autodesk Maya, but the same principles can be applied to any 3D package.